I’m not a big one for life lists. Some people swear by them, but mostly they just make me anxious.
However, every summer seems to come and go at a faster clip. Last summer a good portion of it was taken over by our wedding, but this summer is mostly wide open. Travis will be traveling a lot for work, since as a photographer who shoots mostly weddings this is his busy season. So in the spirit of not wasting this summer and wanting to keep myself busy, I’m trying out a summer list.
I figure if it ends up being a bit of a failure, well then it’ll only be one summer’s list, and I can forget about it once the trees begin to turn.
So here goes:
1. Watch some fireworks
2. Celebrate our first wedding anniversary
3. Go to Winnipeg
4. See the Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant in De Smet, South Dakota (going with my mom)
5. Swim in a body of water (that isn’t a pool)
6. Create a wedding album with my husband
7. Get a bike
8. Read 2 books per month
9. Sit on my balcony more often
10. Drink the bottle of wine I brought back from South Africa more than 2 years ago
11. Go to RedHawks minor league baseball games
Turns out, I can already cross one off that list! On Wednesday when I came home from work, this beautiful bike was sitting spotlighted in our entry. My husband surprised me! It’s a beauty.
So a little test ride was in order, naturally.
I guess I should replace ‘get a bike’ with ‘get a helmet’ on the list.
So do you have a summer list? What is on yours?